A website accessible for everyone
We aim to provide a website that is accessible and user-friendly for all people, regardless of disability, capability or technology. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines. This website has been developed to conform to level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0). These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the website more user friendly for all people.
- We aim to use web-friendly typefaces so all text is easy to read.
- We ensure that navigation throughout our website is consistent.
- We do not rely on colour as the only way of conveying information.
- We avoid the use of text as images wherever possible.
- All links to external sites will open in a new window.
- Background and foreground colours have been chosen to provide a high degree of contrast to maximise visibility.
- Our catalogue is available on our website in the form of an Adobe PDF file. Clicking on a link to this file will open a page which you can use to preview or download the file.
- The content has been written and formatted to make it accessible, for example links use meaningful text and we have appropriate alt tags for images to describe their content
Here are a few options that will help you to customise your experience of the site and make it better for you:
Browser accessibility options - Each browser has different methods for font size, formatting, and screen color options:
Google Chrome accessibility options, under the Chrome Browser Resources section.
Internet Explorer accessibility options.
Mozilla Firefox accessibility options.
The BBC also has information on how to customise your computer, and your browser, to make them more accessible in their ‘My web my way’ section.
To change the size of the window of the site - On the browser View menu select ‘Full screen’ or press ‘F11’.
Search Tips - A search box appears at the top of each page. To get the best results from this use keywords - the search won’t work well using natural language, keywords will find better results.
If you require larger text or images on the website:
1. Hold down ‘Ctrl’ key (‘Cmd’ on Mac) and press ‘+’ to zoom in.
2. Hold down ‘Ctrl’ key (‘Cmd’ on Mac) and press ‘-’ to zoom out.
3. Hold down ‘Ctrl’ key (‘Cmd’ on Mac) and press ‘0’ to reset zoom.
We have built the pages using current accessibility standards. If you experience any problem accessing the website or have any comments then please do not hesitate to contact us, we’re committed to making Endon accessible to all users and we’re continually working to improve it.
You can contact us on 0333 00 333 08 and we will do our best to help.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org. and we will get back to you as soon as possible.